Adults are always asking me to either start a book club or join their book clubs. I’m apart of a book club that I enjoy meeting once a month with and reading a diverse genre of books with my bookworm peers. I thought, how cool would it be to start one for youth (5th-8th grades) this summer? I work with youth and will be starting a book club for youth at the end of next month in our summer program and solicited some book suggestions from my Facebook friends to offer to the public and myself. We want our youth to have a FUN and SAFE summer this year but we also want to continue to encourage them to READ!!!!!
Here’s a list of books and series that were given to me and you may want to indulge your youth in them this summer (and feel free to add to this list in the comments).
1. Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman
2. Champions by Marie Lu
3. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
4. Legend by Marie Lu
5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (series) by Jeff Kinney
6. Numbering all the Bones by Ann Rinaldi
7. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (series) by Ann Brashares
8. Dragon Breath by Ursula Vernon
These books are also available on Kindle, Nook, iBooks, etc. for cheaper prices than a hardcover or paperback. For more info about signing your youth up for the book club please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact me at (773) 701-4258.