Everyday during the hustle and flows of my life, I must at all times, carry these beloved items in the image above, with me everywhere I go. I’m sure most of you are shocked that I didn’t include any a book, money, wallet or the likes. I’m a natural born hustler so even if I left my wallet home one day, I’d still make a way to survive, not to mention I have Apple Pay, PayPal, Chase, etc., apps on my phone.
Here’s a breakdown of my top 5 must have items:
- Cell phone: I’m sorry, we live in a world where our cell phones are our like mini laptops. I can use my iPhone for damn near anything of the uptmost importance in my life. I hate talking on the phone but I’ll text my life away, answer emails, stay engaged on social media, etc., on my phone. I pride myself on ignoring my teenagers when they text me begging me for money! #SorryNotSorry
- Cell phone charger: No long dissertation needed for this one, it’s obviously a necessity to have if you carry your cell phone with you. But you’d be surprised at how many of my friends and co-workers travel without their phone chargers. It’s kind of like having peanut butter but no jelly.
- Pen: I don’t have a certain brand of pens I like, I just have to have a pen with me at all times. I’m huge on taking notes, journaling and writing down my thoughts because at thirty-something years old, my memory tends to leave me faster these days. I’m also not picky about the pens ink color, just a pen that works will suffice for me.
- Yellow Highlighter: OMG I am the highlighting queen! In my journals or books that I read, (books didn’t make this list sadly, it would be #6 though), I am ALWAYS highlighting key points that either the author shared in the book or if a quote or a bible verse stood out to me as I’m writing in my journal. I should probably invest in Sharpie stock cause I run through yellow highlighters so fast. Unlike with pens, I am very particular about using yellow highlighters verse other colors. I just feel so professional using yellow highlighters lol.
- Journal: My journals are my everything so of course I keep them with me everyday. I even keep my journals near me while I sleep. I’m known to be awakened between the hours of 3am-5am with so many creative thoughts that I have to write them down. My journals are my calendars on some days, my “Dear God….” journal entries, they’re my planners, vision boards, bible study notes and anything else that I feel the need to jot down at any given moment.
What are 5 things you carry with you everyday? Post them in the comments below.